|Complaint Phone Number||0300 200 3300|
|Online Complaint Form||–|
|Head Office||HM Revenue and Customs BP8002 Benton Park View Newcastle Upon Tyne NE98 1ZZ United Kingdom|
HMRC is short form of ‘HM Revenue and Customs’. Every modern state strives to give social protection to economically vulnerable groups and communities. This social coverage is only possible through a robust customs and taxation system.
HMRC is the payment, tax, and customs authority of the UK. HMRC is responsible for the following.
- Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, Insurance Premium Tax, Stamp, Land and Petroleum Revenue Taxes
- Environmental taxes
- climate change and aggregates levy and landfill tax
- Value Added Tax (VAT), including import VAT
- Customs duty
- Excise duties
- Trade Statistics
- National Insurance
- Tax Credits
- Child Benefit
- enforcement of the National Minimum Wage
- recovery of Student Loan repayments
The authority conducts the following operations for the UK government.
- is responsible for safeguarding the flow of money to the Exchequer through collection, compliance and enforcement activities
- making sure that money is available to fund the UK’s public services
- facilitating legitimate international trade, protect the UK’s fiscal, economic, social and physical security before and at the border, and collect UK trade statistics
- administering Statutory Payments such as statutory sick pay and statutory maternity pay
- helping families and individuals with targeted financial support through payment of tax credits
- administering Child Benefit
- aiming to administer the tax system in the most simple, customer focused and efficient way
- Administering the Government Banking Service.
The authority is maintaining an elaborate website which is helping the Brits to avail their services. Besides, the customer support team of HMRC is eager to sort out things for their citizens via the website. If you are up to registering a complaint about any field of its operations or simply want to get some information about any of the above mentioned services, then you have to visit its website.
How to Lodge a Complaint to HMRC
If you want to register a complaint at HMRC then the best way to do it is to visit its official website. For lodging a complaint via online chat, you have to visit its website. Once you visit its website, you will see a ‘contact’ tab at the bottom of its homepage. Click this help tab and you will be redirected to another webpage where you will find the major departments like department of customs, department of excise, department of the income tax, and the like. Click the relevant field and you will land on the particular page of your intended department.
On this new webpage, you will find the contact number of the relevant customers’ agent. Simply pick up your phone and dial the given number for registering your complaint.
If you don’t want to make a call for any reason then you can also send them an email or can write them a complaint letter. You will find their respective email addresses as well as postal addresses on these department specific web pages.
Like any responsible government, the UK government strives for fulfilling all of its legal responsibilities towards its citizens. And for realizing its responsibilities, governmental departments like HMRC are indispensable. Any of the UK citizens can freely contact with HMRC via using its official website.